Monday, February 04, 2008

Superbowl Sunday 2008

I can't believe the Patriots lost!?! I'm not a fan (of ANY team) but it seems that everyone I hear hates them, I don't know why (plus the king is after all, from Boston) so I figured I would like them just to be difficult lol! But they lost - bloody hell!

We spent our first Superbowl Sunday in Seattle at the Arrigos who were also enjoying their first Superbowl Sunday in America! No more rugby for them... they moved here from Sydney and one of their sons play JV football in school - he's huge! :) Not fat but big like a refrigerator! Definitely a good thing for a football player!










We brought with us some goodies - I made my black bean and corn salsa - the only thing I know how to make that is non-Asian lol and Bruce made his famous chilli - well not so famous considering the last time he made it we weren't even married lol. But it was sooooo good(!) - and he taught us all foreigners to eat Fritos pie - which is a layer of crisp Fritos topped with hot oh-so-good chilli. OMG I died and went to heaven (tho' it doesn't exist LOL)! I thought the Fritos would get soggy since the chilli was hot but WOW... I'm craving for some for breakfast now lol! Fortunately we have no fritos at home :)

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Karen:
So happy to hear your transition to Seattle has been a smooth one. Just today I was showing Eileen my Facebook friends and upon seeing your picture she said "Oh, I miss auntie Karen." We are hoping to be the 1 out of 4 Singaporeans in Memphis that is exciting to hang out with :) lol... We miss you and Bruce. Swing by Philly one of these days. Have a great day! Rosa

Karen said...

hahaha, yes, Cher is DEFINITELY the 1 out of 4 I'd mentioned :) Everyone else is lame :) We miss you guys and of course the kids... someday we'll meet Christopher :)