Monday, February 18, 2008

It's Over!

From the time we met to till now, the king and I have always been big fans of reality shows. We do watch a lot of tv together and ok, if I must, I'll admit - we're reality-tv junkies! The good ones, the bad ones, the one that are canceled half-way through, we watch them all! We have, at times, caught the ones that have been canceled here, playing in Japan (lol) and manage to catch the endings of these shows that never made it here lol...

We have been avid fans of Survivor and... as much as I hate to say this, Big Brother. When I lived in Tucson and the husband lived here, we would fly to one another to watch these two reality shows. I kid you not! I told you, we're big fans and we watch a lot of tv TOGETHER! But the time has come to say bye bye, zai jian, adios, au revoir, guten abend for this season - the horrible horrible 9th season of Big Brother! It's sad but I just cannot find justice in watching tv, having my blood boil not two sentences into the show and calling everyone on that show terrible names - even with my low standards! Absolutely NOBODY on this season is likeable; not only that, they are stupid (no really!!) and they all either have mental issues or think they aren't as dumb as they are; worst, they actually believe they're smart LOL. If it's one thing I cannot stand, it's stupidity and ignorance and they ALL come fully equipped with such lovely qualities. So after two episodes (actually, one and a quarter - we couldn't tahan (tolerate) to sit through the entire second episode) we had to call it quits with this show that we have come so far with... thank goodness the writers are back!!

However, we stay faithful to Survivor, The Apprentice - the list is just too long to name every one of the shows we watch - but note that I still HATE... (I know, my father always said never to use the word 'hate' but in this case I'm sorry) I still hate that no-way-in-hell-a-celebrity sorry ass bitch of an excuse for a woman, OMAROSA! Sure the producers put her on for ratings but with the way she's going on (yes she belongs with the current cast of Big Brother), people like us will stop watching the show 'coz of her! Good thing after the last episode of Celebrity Apprentice, I believe Piers has called her every name I want to. So... "thank you Piers! You rock!" LOL

3 comments:

Anjuli said...

the only reality show I watch is "America's Next Top Model"- I watch it with Cassandra- it's our 'mom/daughter' time

Oh wait- are those "What not to wear" considered a reality show?? I have watched those from time to time. And the show which shows someone buying a house- and they get three choices and it is quite exciting to see which one they choose-- can't remember the name of that one!!

The only big brother I ever watched was "Big Brother Africa" - I watched it while living in Ghana- they chose people from different African countries and sent them to South Africa to live in a house and then see who won. It was enjoyable seeing the various cultures interacting...I told myself I was watching it for the social experiment :)

Anonymous said...

Wah..u are like my boss..loves watching reality..I am not game for such shows tho...think I'll stick to comedy ;)

Karen said...

connie - i love those what not to wear as well and those make over homes programs... but i don't watch them religiously...

jason - we love our comedies too n- especially the sitcoms! we seriously watch so much tv... no wonder getting more miao tiao LOL!