Saturday, February 09, 2008

CNY 2008 Dinner Part One

Well, last night's dinner with our friends from Shultzy's was a blast as expected. Food was plentiful, everyone seemed to enjoy it and my first-time attempt of one of my favorite desserts, sago gula melaka, was a success. Pictures will follow after part two tomorrow evening. I was in such a rush to get everything sorted out I overlooked the photo part.

Whitney and Tim brought over the gambling box and what's a Chinese New Year celebration with no gambling session?! It was a blast even tho' Whitney happily left with all our money. Next year Whitney - rematch lol. Of course, the gambling box comes really handy at every party... so I'm sure we don't have to wait till cny 2009 to get some of our money back :)



The party was later lead by the very addictive Nintendo Wii - it's actually a good distraction considering everyone had a go at it. I don't think Emily did but I think Emily was quite happy with the food so I wasn't too worried :) I had a good laugh watching everyone play it like their lives depended on it lol. Fun fun fun.

I'm looking forward to CNY part two on Sunday evening when both pairs of Julies and Erics will be turning up :) Should be interesting and then I"m not cooking for awhile. It's bloody tiring with no help even though I do enjoy it...

No comments: