Monday, February 25, 2008

Maid Woes... AGAIN

Yes again! If you're new to this blog, you can read this past entry to catch up on the news regarding cleaning ladies in my life lol!

I'm really beginning to think it's ME! I mean, I move to a new state and they're still flaky! WTF!? Arrgh! So we get one here who comes every week to clean the apartment. With all the surrounding construction, this place gets impossibly dusty! ...so she's ok with cleaning but she's certainly safe since she cleans other condos in this building and her husband is the building manager.

First day, she calls the morning of to say she's sick and to postpone to the next day. No problem. I understand people don't know they're sick until they are sick - none of that dentist/doctor, call within 24 hours to postpone/cancel or pay $50... yeah like people know they're going to be sick ahead of time... so I figured I would see her the next day. Well, I did but she called the next morning saying she had car problems and would come in 2 hours later. Ok... I'm feeling the shifty-cleaning-lady syndrome already but I'm still understanding enough to smile and deal with it. Hey at least someone wants to clean the bloody place for me - sure at a fee but it's still worth it! She does make it, she does an ok job, actually asks me how I like my bed done (which was a good start)... so she wreaks of cigarette smoke but oh well, at least she removes her shoes when she cleans... she's slow tho'... she takes the same time to clean this 1200 sq ft place as long as Tracey (the infamous but the best cleaning lady I've had, Tracey) to clean our 4500 sq ft home lol! But I'm not complaining... even tho' the new one is being paid by the hour. Hmmm...

She came a third time while we were out and a few days before the fourth time, I get an email saying she's had back spasms and has to go for an MRI... but she insists that she enjoys cleaning for us and would like to keep the job. Ok... fine... a week later I get another email to say her doc says to take another week off. Ok... so it's been two weeks and this Thursday will make the third and I have not heard from her yet if she's coming...

I just cleaned the house and I'm not a happy camper. I hate cleaning and seeing all the dust fly around me!! I hate cleaning(!) but I want our home to be spotless (something we Singaporean women all laughed and agreed with on the night of the Singaporean Party... that's the price we pay for ALL having grown up with maids at home). So I've cleaned, changed the bloody sheets (I hate changing sheets 'coz it makes me sweat... yes I hate to sweat btw), vacuumed (I hate vacuuming more than I hate changing sheets), clean the guest bath (omg I think I hate cleaning bathrooms MOST of all!!!) and then at the same time, dealt with laundry - the easiest task I can imagine and I do enjoy that... in fact, I love doing laundry... no kiddin'!

So I've just shot an email to the current, almost non-existent cleaning lady. Not a mean one... just to say 'hello?! I need to know what's going on...' but not in those words obviously lol! She's got 48 hours to write me back or I'm getting someone new. Of course I've asked the concierge already and he gave me the name of a man... a male cleaning dude?! Hmmm... ok, this is Seattle... I suppose if they had a skinny (but omg super strong) women move our incredibly heavy furniture into the house, then what's the big deal with having a man clean my home right!? ...I'll keep you updated on this on a later date...

No comments: