Monday, September 19, 2005

Demoted

For a week or so, we were my mil's (mil=mother-in-law for those who are newcomers to my blog) mailman/woman. As of this past Sunday evening, she called and demoted us to trash people. We were asked... well, no, we were told, to bring out her trash for her. She went on and on and on about having something being put out on the back door and that we'd have to pick it up before the day is over (she called at 6pm Sunday) since they pick up her trash on Monday morning. Nice! I had to say 'no we couldn't do it that evening' as we were having guests coming over for dinner'. No problem. She asked me pass the message to Bruce and have him take her trash out on his way to work lol.

Bruce of course, was not the least bit amused when I told him this piece of information right before our guests got here... but like a filial son he always is, he did exactly that on Monday morning om his way to school. Trouble was, I don't think he did exactly what he was supposed to. I can't say I took the trouble to repeat specifically what my mil had told me; so he only got half of what he was supposed to do. Honestly, I didn't think he would do it lol... after all, getting him to take the trash out of this household always incurs a rolling of the eye or an annoyed please-tell-me-that-earlier-'coz-I-have-to-rush-to-work. So going to take his mom's trash, I thought, would be a miracle lol. Of course, as usual, I under estimate the American son. I always thought only Asian kids were expected to be filial...

Anywayz, my mil hasn't called here to complain about her trash that might still be sitting on her front door... but I'm sure between now and next Monday, my mil will be able to find some kind soul to do just that for her. Too bad for her, I'm occupied enough these days not to have to be kind to her... after all, I have blog fans I feel obligated to amuse :)

No comments: