Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My MIL Loves Me... BUT...

What do you say when someone says 'I love you' constantly on the phone and you don't love them back? I mean, I doubt my mil really sincerely loves me (will I live) hahaha but she sure says it a ton on the phone which makes me very uncomfortable. Of course, I also come from a culture that other than the spouse, no one EVER says it to anyone else. Not to family nor friends. My parents certainly have never told us that... well ok, my dad did once to me and made me fall off the chair (it's true!!) but that's another story for another day...

So I just got off the phone with my mil. I have to go get groceries for her tomorrow. Which is absolutely fine especially since I did volunteer to do it for her (when I used to like her pre-surgery days). BUT... that means I have to deliver it to her house. Which means I have to see her. Which means I have to step into her house. Which means I will smell her and her house. Which means she will tell me forty stories while I'm there. Which means I will turn even more yellow than my complexion to hold my breath for two hours. Which means I will be upset and screaming in my head but smiling so ever sweetly to her before I can dash out of the house and gasp for some foul air in her driveway. I know, it's probably funny to you... but trust me, it not funny.

She also wanted me to tell her son to pick up her mail for her. Huh?! Pick up her mail? The mailbox that sits on the front yard of the house? The mailbox that her god-sent daughter has to drive by everyday to visit? The same mailbox that the physical therapist and/or occupational therapist drive by before getting into her driveway!? But no, she only wants her beloved son to do pick it up. Oh well... I'd do my husband a favor and in turn piss her off by picking it up when I deliver her groceries tomorrow. Of course, she won't tell me what she wants yet so I have to call her before I go to the grocery store. I should tell her I can only buy stuff from the Asian store and bring some pig's trotters, pig's intestines, soft tofu, dried scallops and century eggs with me. Bet she won't ever ask me to do her grocery again hee hee.

Stay tune for more tomorrow's post-grocery episode.

No comments: