Friday, October 07, 2005

Why I Love My Manolo Blahniks

Granted, most women have a shoe fetish. I am a woman. A woman who loves her shoes. A woman who wears shoes that other women notice... a lot. A couple of women actually confessed that before they talk to me, they have to first check out the shoes I'm wearing - hey, I have no problem with that :) So when I get ooh's and aaah's from friends (and sometimes strangers) about my shoes, where I got them and no, they're usually not that surprised that my purchases are not from Memphis; it's flattering but not surprising. After all, I have great taste! :)

BUT, only a pair of Manolo Blahniks would get the attention of a 95, yes, read - NINETY FIVE year old lady sitting next to me at the hair salon. I think I caught a short gasp first... then I noticed her making eye contact with the owner of the hair salon, Lisa. She called Lisa's attention to my shoes with her eyes and raised her eyebrows (probably thinking look-at-the-pair-of-shoes-this-bloody-chinkie's-wearing LOL). When she saw that I was smiled in her direction. She glanced at me and said 'oh my, aren't those hottie shoes. I wanted to thank her for calling me a hottie but preceeded to understand that she was calling the shoes 'hottie'. Certainly under no circumstances was she pointing to me lol. It was great! Still picking out hot shoes at 95... that would be me :)

Guys, never mind those blue boxes - unless there's a huge ass diamond in it! Go for the Manolo's! Trust me.

No comments: