Sunday, September 11, 2005

Do I Look Like A Postman!?

Yesterday, my mil called to ask if I could do her a favor... "yeah?! Sure..." (very unenthusiastically - I'm sure she could hear me rolling my eyes - like I said, it's a woman-thang). She asked if I could go get her mail for her since 'she' didn't pick it up on Friday... which meant she wanted me to drive 10 mins to her house, pick up her mail in her front yard, walk it to the backdoor and hand them to her so she can praise me so ever sincerely like she always does when she sees me. No, I didn't. We did eventually go out for dinner but nah, it didn't exactly make it onto our to-do list. It's just freakin' mail for crying out loud. She's got all the evil QVC she can get on tv never mind more catalogues. Is she in a hurry to write out checks to pay bills? I mean, 'coz if she is, I'd send our bills her way... plus it's not like she's expecting hot sexy mail from Fabio or Juan lol.

She then let me know what time her mailman comes everyday. I continued by asking her why she couldn't have asked the physical therapist to pick up her mail when he's there... or her daughter or her lesbian girlfriend. All to which she had an excuse for and by that time, I think she noticed that I was annoyed 'coz I heard a little not-so-friendly 'bye'. HAHAHAHAHA! Oh well... yet another reason why you don't need kids when you're old :)

In the meantime, Bruce and I laughed at how she didn't ask for him on the phone. He hasn't spoken to her since Thursday evening. Will she live?! Ohhhh, there is a little secret behind that. Her little, not-so-little, Lucy (whom Bruce has been asking his mom to get rid off and get a smaller, more suitable dog for herself) is home. She doesn't want to hear it from him again so the less contact with Bruce, the better. Wow, she must really think I think like her ie, know Lucy is home with her and not tell Bruce?! Gawd!!!

No comments: