Saturday, September 03, 2005

I Love Seattle

This trip, we're staying at my favourite downtown hotel, the Grand Hyatt. The rooms aren't anything out of the ordinary (tho' I'd admit my last stay here, my room seemed a lot bigger). Still, it's a much nicer hotel compared to the other ones in town. The location of it alone... Pacific Place diagonally across the street, Eileen Fisher and Nordstrom a stone's throw away and of course, Pikes Place Market is a nice 5 min brisk walk away. With such nice weather here, some clouds, mid to high 60s during the day... I'd walk forever! Okay, not that far but I can certainly walk a lot more here then any where else in this country.

It's 10:45am. Bruce is taking a nap to recoup from our late night (arriving at midnight and watching CNN till past 2pm) and his lack of slep on the plane due to being stressed out from the lack of govt. assurance in time of emergency in this country. Poor guy. No wonder I always feel so secured when I'm with him. Not that I just realized this but he's an awesome man! Such a wonderful friend and certainly the best husband I can imagine. I'm so damn lucky hee hee.

We've had breakfast down at Pike's Place Bagel where I had a salmon lox bagel sandwich on a multi-grain bagel and Bruce had his regular dry bagel... he doesn't like anything on his for some odd reason :) We walked down to 'Sosio's' at Pikes Place and surprise surprise, they had mega awesome fruits for us this weekend. Oh-my-gawd-peaches, temptation-melon as well as sharlyn-melon, and to-die-for-mangoes!!! Needless to say, we got everything (well, not sharlyn since temptation is better). CHEAP! Considering Bruce had just ordered 2 boxes of seriously awesome peaches from California that was delivered via fedex at about $5 each, this morning's 9 peaches, a melon and a mango at $20 was a steal :) We're happy now... very happy.

Time to get ready for lunch... no wonder I love seattle. We seem to have more things to do here and people to see... there is no bbq, but who cares, that's what fedex is for :)

No comments: