Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The King Saves The Day (Again)

Have I ever told you how awesome my husband, the king, is?! Okay, to most of you, I have uttered this a gazillion times and you have already stopped reading and closed the window. But to those of you who continue reading... let me say this one more time. My husband is the best!

Not just because mere minutes ago, he helped in a problem that has exasperated me all day; but because sometimes, when you love someone, you just have to come out and say it loud and clear and give them the props they deserve :)

My husband not only helped me regain access to my flickr account, he went to ground zero of the problem and got me access back into my yahoo account - an account that I'd written off when yahoo wanted me to pay them money to reset the password - and I'd told him no way in hell any password works. It was one of those email accounts I'd created when I was practically a teenager back home and probably entered jibberish for personal information. For some reason, after a few tries, he figured it all out! I still don't know how! When it came to the security question, all it said was "usofa". He looked at me with that bemused yet highly irritated what-kind-of-a-security-question-is-that look and made a few guesses and voila(!), he got it! My goodness, he even remembers the zip code of my address in Tucson from 1989 lol! Where does this man store all that kind of useless information - sure it came in handy today but still... it boggles my mind how his brain works... or do I just have a really small brain and that's why I'm impressed lol. Either way, a full day of being distracted by this stupid yahoo / flickr problem, I can finally heave a big sigh of relief.

...last week, after the piggish wife of his fell asleep practically after dinner, the king actually cleaned up the kitchen, put the leftovers away and let me sleep! Ok, some of you may be used to men like that... but coming from an Asian culture, that is just unheard of! Sure, there are maids to do that kind of stuff (back home) most of the time... but I certainly have not seen the men in my family do that - ever! Not my dad, my brother, none of my male cousins or uncles. That is just not their 'job'; which has nothing to do with socio-economic background at all. I told my mom about it the next night and after accusing (correctly) that I had overate and thus fallen asleep right after the meal, she chuckled. She told me to thank my lucky stars for the man I call 'sweetie' - yes, the husband... not forgetting the original sweetie, my little black pug back home, Lucky :)

One note: I usually can't rescue the king out of his issues like he does me. Fortunately, there aren't too many people who can do that for him so I don't feel overly threatened lol!


1 comment:

Paul Ward said...

I bet there was all sorts of nonsense waiting for you in your inbox :)