Saturday, May 19, 2007

Quiet Saturday

It's been a quiet day. It's too sunny outside and I'm in a pretty mild mood sitting here in the kitchen. While writing this entry, I'm also doing laundry (I know, I really love doing laundry, I've admitted this before). I've cleaned the bloody deck (yes in the friggin' heat), changed the stupid vaccum bag which is a way more disgusting job then I had imagined... semi-cleaned the fridge and watched five 30-minute episodes of 'Ninja Warrior' while the king was up momentarily. On hindsight, I'm glad our weekend to Las Vegas was postponed... normally, I would be sitting here sulking (well, I was bitter for a little 'coz I felt I really had to get away this weekend... until my packages from Saks and Neiman Marcus arrived :D). Now that the husband's been out of commission the last 24 hours, I'm actually thankful we're here. At least he's able to rest without feeling bad about not being able to entertain me :D

Whenever the husband isn't at his 100%, I always feel so inadequete. I never know what's the right thing to do or say. I don't want to be like a mom to him but it seems inevitable! It's the only role I have seen my mom play with me when I'm sick - and I honestly don't remember my dad being sick lol. Plus, how can one be a sexy un-mom-like wife when your spouse is sick?! Ok, not possible. ...and fortunately, I don't think the sick party wants or cares about anything sexy either . I have way too many fears, I suppose. Am I giving him the right treatment. Cooling or heaty? Dry or cold cough? Hot or cold shower? My mom is so far away and my questions seem to always fall at a time when it's past midnight on the other side of the world. ...and no I never call the mil. She'd probably ask me to go over so she can give me medication for her son. I don't think so!! The only home remedy I know are panadol (think that's the same as tylenol) and barley water lol. Fortunately, the husband has come to believe that barley water heels... ok, not heel but it truly is good for the system as it cools it down. Hey, his nose doesn't bleed now that he drinks barley water regularly... see!

Right, the dryer is barking at me and it's also time to do some ironing (arrgh!) and get the kitchen spankin' clean. Might as well be a little productive for a change :)

1 comment:

The Aceist said...

Oh. A real homemaker. Thanks for dropping by my site. :D