Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Guess Who's Older Today

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

I'm 37 today. Yikes! That makes me late-30s and too close to the big 4-0! Scary... well, not really scary but it's weird to imagine that I'm getting older. That only happens to other people! I still feel no different from being 20... or even yesterday; on the last day of being 36. So far, I 've been mostly indifferent about my age. But today, being 37 seems hmmm... weird. Like I'm suppose to know better... wiser (not!)... well, it was different enough to wake up at past 2am and went shopping on Saks.com to buy myself some of make up (without having to pay tax and shipping) and a handbag and what else, shoes shoes shoes lol. Hey, at least they were all on sale :)

Speaking of presents, these are some of the things I got from the king. The last few years, I usually opt for household items; washer / dryer, oven, fridge, you name it lol. This year, the husband probably decided he was tired of asking me what I wanted... so every time I bought something since the year started, he'd repeat the familiar chant 'that's part of your birthday present'. The poor guy... I'm not kidding when I admit, everyday is my bloody birthday lol! He did well this year though... he got me an Isqueeze (which is AWESOME!) and my Dell flat screen monitor. There is SO much real estate on my screen now - and my desk too! ...and it couldn't be more timely that the tv set in the kitchen that only I usually use died on me yesterday... so yup, guess who got also a flat screen Mitsubishi 57" tv hee hee. Nice!


Thanks to the many friends who've called, sent me e-wishes - one crazy (but sweet) one even posted a blog entry in honor of my birthday :D My lovely niece Emma who left two hilarious messages on our answering machine while I was out made my day! When her mom asked her to say 'Emma sayang auntie Karen' (meaning Emma loves auntie Karen), she not only refused to say it once (as she does as always) she ran away from the phone the second time. When she finally returned and was asked again to repeat after her mom 'Emma sayang auntie Karen', she uttered, loud and clear... 'Uncle Bruce!!' Yes, it's a known fact. Uncle Bruce is certainly her favorite... dammit lol. Thank you all for remembering - or at least enough to care to enter my birth date into your computers :) ...'coz guess what!? I have no idea when any of your birthdays are lol. Yes yes, older and if possible... bitchier! :)

No special plans today - that's why I always say, 'everyday is my birthday!'. I'm going to the gym to keep myself from opening the darn fridge one more time... go get my manicure and pedicure this afternoon, and then have my hot birthday dinner date with the husband at 6:15pm. No idea where he's taking me. For a change, I can't seem to come up with a right guess where he's taking me tonight - and he's thrilled about that :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Chica :) U dont look a day over 25!

Paul Ward said...

Happy birthday Karen!!!!!!!!