Sunday, April 29, 2007

Fishing For Gifts (Warning: Lots Of Exlaimation and/or Question Marks)

While there is nothing wrong with that, normally... I used to do that with my dad and now my husband all the time lol... but when I don't know you and not have met you, I do have a serious problem with that.

The husband's father's second wife's grand daughter from her first marriage is graduating from college. Big phucking deal! So has the rest of the American population - yes, even the really stupid ones... this might be the second or third 'invitation' or 'announcement' we've gotten from these two sisters. Why(?!), I don't know. I mean, I know(!)... they're trying to get money out of us, of course! But hello!??! Who are these people who keep sending us these annoying kind of mail?! The husband has met them once at his sister's wedding almost ten years ago. That's it! They were not invited to our wedding. In fact, the thought of inviting them NEVER occured to us. They are NOT family. ...and to be quite honest, even 'some' family who were invited weren't that interested lol! But no... these people who keep sending these 'notices' are not even mere acquaintance for crying out loud! They wouldn't recognize neither of us if we walked right by us on the street... might not even give us directions if we asked hahahaha! Okay, I'm being difficult but you get what I mean. It's disgusting! She's graduating from college and sending these silly things out to strangers... doesn't that embarass her?! Gawd I'm embarassed for her!


Of course we're not sending crap to her. It's not personal - so if you're reading this... oh what's your name - gotta' go to the trash and get the card and see what her name is (lol)... Tara... don't take it personally lol. We didn't send your sister anything either hahaha! Besides, haven't you guys gotten enough from your rich grandmother (they are the ones who when each of them turned the legal age, wanted to spend it with their rich grandmother and psuedo grandfather, my husband's father. I mean... GET A PHUCKING LIFE ALREADY! Even I wouldn't make it THAT obvious lol! What do you need from us!? Maybe your crazy grandmother put you up to this... but come on already! You're graduating from college... I'd think you have developed half a brain to make simple decisions about who to send mail like that to. Yeesh!

Of course, mail like this always makes me question why Americans send out announcements as such. People who care will ask or be informed when they're on the phone or via email... you know... people who care will keep in contact with you 'coz they want to. ...and those who don't ask, they don't care. Trust me. Besides, when you graduate from high school or college, what business is that of anyone outside the immediate family?! High school grads especially. Uh... what's the big deal?! You want people to give you a graduating gift 'coz you're graduating from bloody high school?! OMG - that is soooo sorry ass! It's just high school... is this graduation going to be the highest point of your life!? ...and that gawd awful looking 'class ring' that Americans wear... high school or college... double YUK!!!!!!

Ok, I've said my piece about these tacky people lol. Can you blame me? Maybe it's a difference in culture... maybe it's just the husband and I who are selfish and don't care about anything that doesn't involve us lol. But I would like to add that there are kids out there we care about... who are not blood relatives. Emily Schulze for example. We like her and she is graduating from high school next month and we're going to her party in Seattle. So we're not really as cold blooded as you think we are lol. Yes yes, maybe I am... but not the king lol.

No comments: