Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day 2007

For weeks I've dreaded today's celebration of my mil. Mother's day. Blah! I don't dislike my mil. She's a nice lady (most of the time) but she just says the most painfully insane things to get people's attention - especially her son's. She's not mental-institution-insane (yet) though one might be able to make a good arguement if you knew her like her son lol. But for weeks, she's been threatening to have us at her house for this celebration. I should have taken the husband's word and believed that she would not be able to keep her word about having her house cleaned out (even though it's not her doing it but simply getting other people to clean). I should have trusted her son, my husband, who knows her through and through. But because I didn't, I upset myself on more than one occasion, which in turn, upset the husband over at least one meal... but it's now 5:22pm on mother's day 2007 and I'm happy to say, that's all over and done with. Hallelujah!!! Praise (fill in the blanks with whatever fictitious character you believe in here) ______.

I wrote the below when I was upset - thought I'd just add it in here, why not :)

If I'm a mother...

I wouldn't feel like less of a woman on damn mother's day
I wouldn't have to share it with anyone else but my own mother, my husband and my kid... and if the husband wants to share it with his mother, hey, that's ok by me (maybe) lol
I would understand why mothers love their mama's boys
I would understand unconditional parental love to idiotic un-returnable kids
I wouldn't upset the husband about not wanting to go to his mom's eeiky house for dessert
I would be pampered (extra) on mother's day
I would add 'everyday's mother's day' to my now, 'everyday's my birthhday!' comment
I might understand how and why my married friends with kids cheat on their husbands
I wouldn't be writing this crap and probably screaming at my kid now
I wouldn't be able to buy expensive bags and shoes 'coz I'd be buying expensive kids' crap
I'd have to deal with other people's kids and worst, their parents and teachers
I'll be 37, look 47 and feel 57! (no mail from you moms out there thank you very much!)
There goes all my freedom travelling whenever, wherever

...SO BLOODY GLAD I'M NOT A PHUCKING MOTHER! Just for one sorry ass a day in a year to be appreciated!? No bloody thank you!!! ...'coz you know... my son will come home with a wife a gazillion times more evil, more selfish then myself hahahahaha!

No comments: