Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My Dad's Gone Banana's!

After staying put at home for almost five months after his first grandchild was born, my father finally caved and left for Australia for his first overseas meeting since Easter weekend. I was indeed surprised when my brother told me dad had left for the trip as I'd imagine him to be sitting home with Emma letting her run his life forever!

Yesterday, I decided to give him a call and make fun of him a little. I called to tell him that his 5 month old grand-daughter had verbalized 'ye ye' (maternal grandfather) aloud right after he left. He laughed at how he'd missed the what-seemed-like the biggest event of his life. I laughed thinking he was playing along. Shortly after we hung up, he actually called home to ask mom when it happened hahahaha! Ok, he's definitely lost his mind. How the hell would a 5 month old baby first say 'ye ye' before she says 'ma' or 'pa' or anything else under the sun lol. He's not even in his 70s and he's acting like he's insane lol. Made me roflmao :D (Ric, that would be roll(ing) on the floor laughing my ass off) :D

He has finally met his match and I now know what his weakness is.