Sunday, August 28, 2005

My MIL Thinks She Is A Teenage Boy

I have never known anyone (and I know a lot of overweight people, including myself!) to consume that much fast food! After today, my mother-in-law, fresh out of her hip replacement surgery two weeks ago; now in rehab for the last 8 days has been on a 'diet' consisting of food from jason's deli, kfc, mcdonald's, backyard burger and steakout for at least two meals of the day for the last fourteen days in a row! A teenage boy's dream. Ok, she had one meal from PF Chang's and twice, two char siew buns from the Asian store thrown in there for her breakfasts. Still, those aren't exactly full of nutrition; not full of anything really. I don't think the 50 pounds she's lost before the surgery is gonna' stay away for too long. She can try and convince me all she wants about being on a low carb diet... and that all the candy she has in her room are for the nurses and staff - YEAH RIGHT! She complains about them constantly; at least at the hospital she did. I'm no fool. No one's going into her drawer to get those Snicker bars from her lol. She's not going to do very well when her cardiologis finds out he'd just saved her life (she claims he did at least 'coz he ordered a sorry ass pint of blood for her as NO ONE else cared to LOL) only for her to eat all the fast food all over again to clog up her arteries.

Oh well... the husband has wasted enough of his breath trying to talk to his mom. She won't listen anywayz... so she's given whatever she wants, whenever she wants it. If her beloved daughter who'd 'do anything for her' thinks it's ok, who are we to care.

Maybe hell still has a place for me :)