Saturday, August 27, 2005

Broken Flowers & 40 Yr Old Virgin

Thursday, Bruce and I headed out towards midtown to catch 'Broken Flowers' starring Bill Murray. It had really good reviews and I thought it should be good considering the last time I saw him in 'Lost in Traslation', I enjoyed myself. Well 'Broken Flowers' turned out to be horrible... and I don't think it was the fault of any of the stars in it! OMG, it was even worst then 'Sideways' which we hated too. I cannot imagine how it got the reviews it did. Bruce thinks it's from a bunch of people who didn't understand the movie and thought since they didn't understand it, figured it would have to be good. Arrgh! Do not even waste your money when it comes out on video. YUK!

Then on Friday, my girlfriend and I headed out to see 'The 40 Year Old Virgin'. This movie, too, had really good reviews. Fortunately, we laughed from the time the movie started. Very entertaining and I loved it (so did my friend). Ok, granted it's predictable. But that doesn't make it less good. ...and believe me, it's not a chick flick lol. Go see it NOW if you're in for a good laugh.