Friday, April 20, 2007

Off To NYC

It's finally Friday! My goodness, how I've waited for this day since we returned from Seattle. It's been awhile since I last went to New York City to hang out. The king will come along this time. Yes, it's the much awaited first inaugural Singapore Day tomorrow at Central Park. It should be interesting though the three of us, with each passing day, have lower expectations then the last. Sad isn't it?! When I heard that the Prime Minister's Office was organizing this event (well, the OSU is part of the PM's office) I had high hopes. I mean, it's a bunch of smart and kiasu Singaporean sewer serpents (civil servants). For sure it'll be seriously well organized. Oh well, so far, it's been one glitch after another on their website. From a free-flow come-as-you-are open-event at Bryant Park, it became a for-registered-Singaporeans only but because of improper wordings on their website, it is now, if-you-are-not-a-Singaporean-but-registered-before-the-rules-changed-come-anyway. Aggravating. So a bunch of Singaporeans who have planned on going but did not register for the goodie bags prior to the change no longer are able to go to this event 'coz they have closed registrations. Sad especially if you live in the city and I'm sure the smell of the food will be detected miles away lol. Ouch!

Tonight, we're meeting up with Boon. Boon is my baby brother's friend back from RJC. I don't remember when was the last time I saw Boon... donkey years ago, of course, but it'll be fun. We're going to an izakaya called Kasadela. I'm sure we'll have fun. Good food, good sake, nice company... can't go wrong.

Tomorrow of course will be Singapore Day itself and then we head back to Memphis Sunday afternoon - not without brunch and tah bao'ing (打包) stuff from Bo Ky and Tai Pan lol! It's my NYC-Chinatown tradition :)

Time to go pick the husband up from school and head to the airport!

No comments: