Thursday, April 12, 2007

Update On Singapore Day

While I have been anticipating my trip to New York City (next weekend) to 'celebrate' the first ever Singapore Day with my fellow Singaporeans - ok, I'd admit, it's for the food (what's new?!); it hasn't been easy dealing with the bloody organizers. Not directly per se... but you'd understand why...

Today, seven days from d-day, I hear, not from their official website, but an email from a New York City expat group that I subscribe to on yahoo, that Singapore Day has moved their location from Bryant Park to Wollman Rink at Central Park. What?! The email certainly woke me up this morning. I was not the least bit amused. While it's fine for people living in the city and even for those driving up from surrounding cities for the day, people like the king and I who are flying out there made hotel reservations at the Bryant Park hotel namely for this event! Ok, we might be the only idiots flying to NYC for this event... actually, no... I know people flying in from California and Nevada, so if you want to talk about insanity, they're more insane then we are 'coz they're farther away :) Their reason for changing location - Bryant Park is surrounded by roads and with the 'overwhelming' response, they don't want people on the streets. Like we are such idiots omg! So overwhelming is the response, a newspaper article said 5000, and this morning, one article say 3000 and their official website, expecting a total of one thousand of us. ...not only that, they seem to change the hours of this event constantly. Now, there are different sites saying it starts at 10am, some say 11am... who knows what the official website says. One more stupid thing. Goody bags are only for Singaporeans! WHAT!? Come on! Ok, so the goody bag might only contain a face towel and a bottle of water (you don't know Singaporeans lol) but that is being so lame and calculative! It's completely moronic! But as the king says, 'if they want to be completely stupid, you might as well get a goody bag for it' hahahaha! ...so I have to bring my bloody passport?! Dumbasses!

Obviously, we've changed our hotel reservations and expedia was nice enough to accomodate us without penalty - for a change lol. So let's see what happens from here. Considering they had an article in the Singapore newspaper about importing twelve hawkers from home to Bryant Park to cook us goodies just days ago, who knows what other plans might change. Any more changes I'm dissin' the event and I'm going to Gyu Kaku for some yummy looking yakiniku lol!

No comments: