Wednesday, April 11, 2007

When I'm Working Out...

Do you ever wonder what people are thinking about while working out? I mean, sure, they have their earphones plugged-in to their ipods, CNN, Good Morning America... via the exercise machines. But what are they really thinking about when their minds start drifting...

Well, I can't tell you what most people are thinking about but other then concentrating on the second hand tick away too too slowly on the clock when I'm in spinning class, getting frustrated at every rock song being played (noisy rock songs - they sound so angry(!) - make me want to break the bikes) and wishing the damn bikes would stop screeching (they are not very well maintained) I think of, what else, lunch lol. Yes, food. The reason why I work out. Well, okay, that's not actually accurate. I work out to lose weight so I can fit into my clothes better. So far, there's been very slight difference... but the fact that I'm working out makes my family happy. I guess they don't want me to drop dead or something lol. But I do think about food a lot while I'm working out. My lunch in particular... sometimes, the apple or banana sitting in my bag waiting for class to be over so I can eat it. Or even the sorry ass bottle of water screaming out for some attention right after each song is over - how I crave water - yes, only during spinning class.

Am I addicted to food? The ladies on The View say I am. Of course, they also say I'm depressed and use sugar as a cover-up for my negative emotions. I should stop watching them lol. I'm beginning to believe them - sometimes. I still hate that Hasselback girl - whatever her name is. I refuse to learn it. Everyone else is fine. Even crazy Rosie. The young one just gets to me. ...but back to me... I must be the happiest depressed person around if they are right. Besides, what do I have to be depressed about? Oh, the neighborhood grocery store is out of my ice cream - maybe that's something to be depressed about. Ok, not really. But just 'coz a person is overweight; does that mean they're addicted to food or using food to cover up some form malfuctioning emotions? I like food. I love yummy food. But I won't just eat any bloody thing that you put in front of me. Okay, I might, but I wouldn't enjoy it.

When I'm working out, I'm also thinking (and watching from the corner of my eye) the person next to me. ...'coz you know, everybody's got a story. More importantly, are they going faster then me? Even if they're 93 year older then me, I want to beat them! Same as when I'm in the pool. Nobody beats me! ...and if they do, well, I guess they're just showing off lol. I suppose this sums up what my mind does most of the time when not thinking about food. Absolutely nothing! :D ...I need a snack lol

No comments: