Thursday, March 08, 2007

You Are A Redneck When...






You cleaned out your garage (yes, this is 'clean') to make space for...







...you're probably a redneck when you are drying out dead animals that
you'd probably hunted and killed lying out in your bloody garage for gawd
knows what... a hat?! lol


We live in a pretty small cove which consists of seven houses including ours. We have two direct neighbors. If you stand facing our house, on the left hand side would be the old couple neighbor (who calls us the 'hooneymooners', yes still) and on the other side would be the ones that will be talked about in today's entry. I haven't blogged about our neighbors ever (I don't recall at least), I don't know why. It's quite odd considering there is a lot to say about them. This particular family especially.

Background: Open garage all year round showing off an ugly, messy, full-of-crap space - sometimes with a jeep that usually sits outside, parked within the garage that is always dirty, always covered up in dried-up-mud.

Dad is in his early 50s, possibly mid... tall, balding, trim (I think) and definitely a hunter, an outdoorsy kind of guy. Seen him more than a few times in his full camouflage 'costume'.

Mom - nicknamed Betty Boop by other neighbors - is a pretty bespectacled 40 something, maybe older. I don't know, white people usually look older then they normally are anyway. Never seen her dressed up. Always in tees and shorts. Hardly Betty Boo to me...

Son - only child, a ginormous tall and big teenager... sixteen I presume since he just started driving... and probably not so bright since he goes to a crappy private school lol.

They are possibly a typical Memphian family. Religious, hunters (there's that word again), likes to blow things up in the middle of their driveway right next to ours, and always saying suggesting they're gonna' have us over but never do. I have seen the inside of their house (when they wanted to show me their grandmother's ivory mahjong set - yawn). No thank you! If I want to be there, I'd rather watch an episode of Sanford and Son. Really!! That's what the inside of their house reminds me of lol.

No comments: