Sunday, March 04, 2007

Another Check Writer

What is it with Americans?! Do they not understand what going-paperless mean? It's the year 2007 already! Normal people - like me (don't laugh) don't even received 'real bills' ie, via snail mail. Everything is done via the computer! That's what progress means. That's how you don't waste other people's time - like mine lol.

People don't even read the newspaper anymore - which is why I don't understand why the Memphis Commercial Appeal keeps sending us FREE papers littering our front yard! That annoys the hell out of me. Yes, I've tried calling them and telling them to stop but it continued. They don't seem to understand that by throwing the papers onto the front yard everyday while we're travelling actually gives us an extra reason NOT to subscribe to their silly paper because it makes us a bigger target for burglary! The husband had to eventually write a nasty email to them. Yeah it worked. Want to read the commercial appeal? Read it online lah!

Come on, everything is done via the internet today. So why are you Americans out there - and believe me, it's not just the old folks who are writing checks out for $5 dollar at the grocery store - you know who you are. It aggravates me (and I know I'm not the only one) and everyone else standing behind the person. What is so hard about using a credit or debit cards do. Omfg(!), what about the ones who HAVE to balance their check book before they get out of line. Gawd help them if I'm ever in a hurry!

I'll try to take a pic of the next person in front of me at the grocery store who writes a check lol.

No comments: