Friday, March 16, 2007

Another Fun Night

If I was back home, right now would be breakfast and laundry time... instead, here I sit, listening to the husband's constant and mellow snore. He conked out the minute he hit the sack last night. I think the time difference is finally hitting him. It's bad when we stay longer for the usual three or four days when we travel to Asia... our bodies eventually get used to the time difference and then the drinking screws it up lol! ...and by the time it recovers, it's time to leave, bastards! Lol

Last night's adventure was with John again. We met promptly under the big screen at studio alta (a good area where people have made into a meeting point) and headed to Kitchen Shunju. We sat at the bar counter right in front of the open kitchen. Cool. Service was good and fast (sometimes too fast lol) and as usual, we started with our nama-biru (draft beer) and continued with two different types of Shunju sake. There was seriously tons of food and believe-or-not, leftovers! I know, you can just imagine how much food there was lol. Awesome food! I don't think I have had a bad or even mediocre meal all this trip. Of course I will suffer when I'm back at the gym on Monday morning but let's not spoil this entry by dirty, perverted thoughts lol!

After dinner John decided we go to a heavy metal bar. Yes, I kid you not. Of course we were game! Anything out of the ordinary is always welcome with us - well, especially in Japan. WOW! The music hit me like a concrete wall when we walked in. Serious holy shit scream-out-loud
make-me-deaf heavy-metal :) I think komt took pictures which I will post later. I was in a state of shock for a bit lol. No really, it wasn't bad... it's just been awhile since I've walked into a room (this bar was double the size of Deathmatch but still, no bigger then our master bedroom back home lol) welcomed by loud music like that - but one beer down and everything was solved. The ear got used to the now-what-seemed-like-calm-elevator-muzak hahahaha! Another lyechee liquor and soda later, I was ready to party lol!

Unfortunately, just as I was starting to get pumped, the men were ready to turn in for the night. Rats! What? No ramen? No karaoke?! This is it!? 'Home' before 1am?! Lol! As Memphis standards go, this would be considered a way serious party night lol but I, qomt, have been spoilt by way too much fun this week :) Got to get back to reality and head back home tomorrow to be the suburban housewife role I play normally hee hee.

But yes, another successful fun night out. Can't wait to return in the summer and enjoy, as John suggested, Tsukiji uni-don (sea urchin rice bowl)!! YUM!

No comments: