Thursday, March 08, 2007

Who's Going To Singapore Day?!



WE ARE!!

What is Singapore Day? Well, according to the website, it's a day for overseas Singaporeans to gather and enjoy food from 'home' (cooked by whom will be a better question since we Singaporeans have high expectations when food is deemed 'Singaporean' worthy), and in a scary way, in their words, there will be 'an all-Singaporean line-up of the island nation's best and brightest entertainers to keep you entralled and longing for more'. Considering I have never been enthalled or longed for any of them, ok, maybe a few really funny ones - and possibly Darryl Davids and James Lye (lol), this should be an experiance lol.

Since it's the first time Singapore Day is celebrated, nobody knows what to expect. I certainly don't. But it should be fun since it'll be held at Bryant Park - unless there is a crazy downpour lol. It's apparently held in New York City because there are a lot of Singaporeans around that area... I honestly think there are more in the Bay area but oh well, what do they care what I think. They're expecting 1000 people. I say it's gonna' be swamped with more Americans. We'll see. I'll update you after the weekend.

So any one of you interested?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think they should organize one on the West Coast.