Sunday, March 02, 2008

Women!

This is our second week in a row house hunting; going out to check all the open houses that we're interested in. ...not counting flying out here week after week before we moved looking for a suitable home until yup, we gave lol. It's so much easier now that we live here and being able to go to open houses. Since we're working with the Redfin people as our 'agents', I don't have to call to make appointments to see a house or explain to the seller's agent why THEY have to open the house for me and why my 'agent' can't come with me or open the lock for me... sometimes they (seller's agent) get so mean and won't even let us view the house! Yes, it's happened! Insane huh!? Funnily, we went around the house that the realtor (a woman) who didn't want to do her job and let the homeowner know... boy they were not amused lol! I mean, how would you feel if you're trying to sell your house in a hurry and your real estate agent - the person working for you - won't show someone the house just 'coz they're working with people who work with Redfin (apparently, MANY real estate agents hate the Redfin people...). The reality is, I have a computer, can gain access to all the MLS online and have a car with a gps... now remind me again why do I need a real estate agent to do the job I can do myself and then pay them waaaay too much money?! Especially now that I'm A LITTLE (very little) familiar with Seattle neighborhoods and a couple of the suburbs...

But yes, women... women realtors in particular. WOW! What is it about them?! The nice people I have met in this line are men. All men! Honestly, I have not met a single female realtor I liked... or even want to deal with on a friendly basis, much less if they're working for the seller. Pain in the ass! Why are they so pushy!? They get on my nerves! Even at open houses... just leave me alone, won't you!? I'm there to view the house... not buy it! If I like it enough, I will return. Your job is to open the door, tell me a little about the house and what I NEED to know (if you must) and leave me be. ...and if I have questions, I will ask! Don't ask me if I have any questions 'coz it makes me feel like I'm back in primary school and staring back at you just doesn't make me feel (nor should it you) very intelligent. So there!

Today we went to a very expensive home... a home I knew we would not buy unless I strike the mega million and have money to burn lol. But I had to see the house! It's just too cool looking from the pictures online! So we went and of course the wow-factor was in action. Unfortunately, a woman real estate agent was there to greet us... worse, Russian. NTAR!!! When we arrived, there was only a single Asian man, and the woman was selling HARD to the Asian man. She called it a 'tour' HAH! Then a young group of foursome with a couple of Asians walked in after us... what is it with this house and Asians lol! Ms loud Russian woman took every step with the one Asian dude while we were ignored lol. Not that I'm complaining but I felt bad for the guy. I mean, this is an open house but wow, this woman wasn't gonna' give up so easily on this guy. He wasn't particular well dressed (quite the opposite actually) and his car outside was well, let's hope he had banged up the rental lol - but he got there first so he was stuck with her lol! We walked around, I fell in love more when I saw the kitchen and deck area... and then we slipped quietly out the front door while she bellowed about what the architect did with the tiles and the doors and yoga room... yawn! Honestly, even if I did strike the lottery, this wouldn't be the house - it was out in nowhere Bellevue! Deeeeeep Bellevue...

So no perfect house yet... but we know for sure we don't want to live in West Seattle, Wallingford or View Ridge. See, we're slowing coming to terms with what we don't want or where we don't want to live :) Soon... we'll find something we love - I hope :)

2 comments:

Anjuli said...

you are too funny!! I totally agree about the female agents....PUSHY!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey - there is ONE good realtor we worked with, her name is Jenny Hill, Coldwell Banker Bain - she actually isn't pushy (plus she has a "cute" British accent - lol).

Linda L.