Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I Look Like Bozo The Clown

You'd think that from a person who used to say she has pig-nose, Bozo the Clown would be a step up. Unfortunately, it's Bozo WITH the pig-nose LOL!

I went for a haircut today. I decided to check out Yelp and went for the cheap haircut that EVERYONE who reviewed this place gave it five stars! Well... I should know cheap doesn't always equal good... or good enough. It's not bad... I think it's more for the young college kids... or just for the person seeking a cheap haircut. I, obviously, isn't in any of the two above subset.

I don't hate my haircut as much as you might think I do. After all, I have hair that grows like hares multiply in cartoons... so it doesn't bother me as much as if I had thin and ungrowable hair. But it's just the way the girl styled it and then the other lady came over and said "Cute! I like it!". It was just wrong. It made me look like one of those haircuts (with fringe) that they'd just cupped a bowl around my head and given me one of those typical Chinese pianist/violinist haircut. Laughable! ...and those mirrors... ok I know they don't have fat mirrors in there to make you look fatter but OMG, their mirrors sat right there starring back at me with no counter top/table to just show my upper body... but I'm sitting in front of a full length mirror. Wow that was an awakening. I didn't know I'd put on THAT much weight since I stopped working out ummm... right before last Fall. Of course, I've been eating EVERYTHING I've wanted so that certainly hasn't helped lol.

So the 'ugly full length mirrors' and the odd hair style and oh... chairs that couldn't sustain my weight!! They kept creeping down! I could feel it - I could bloody hear it! Now I know I can't be the heaviest person to go in there... this is, after all, America! I finally gave up and said 'I think your chair can't take my weight' half jokingly. My hair person said it was all the chairs but I honestly doubt it. It's a new salon - only five months - so she was just being nice... but it was rather embarassing for a fat girl, you know what I mean? Thank goodness I'm older and don't give a phuck about what people say about me... but if I were a young college student, I would be devastated and ran out of there crying lol! Yes, it's quite funny 'coz little things get to young girls... and this, to me, probably wouldn't be that 'small' a thing... oh well... just had to moan about my morning experience.

Maybe I should just go to Chinatown... but that's even worst - all the atypical skinny Asian girls with long straight perfect hair go there.

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

missing you already!! (hope you have fun in Memphis)....loved your account of the hair place- oh me!! Just the mention of a beauty shop or hair saloon and I get all jittery- so many BAD memories!! ha ha!!