Thursday, March 27, 2008

At Home In Melbourne

Well, we made it. Yes, some two days ago and in a few hours, my brother, his wife and my two nieces will be at the door, arriving from Singapore. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. I've been up every half hour since 2am, waiting for time to past so I can see the girls again. I finally gave up going back to sleep.

It's been nice hanging out with just my parents. Of course they acknowledge the weight gain but actually mentioned it once and dropped it. Hmmm... that's kind of nice :) Didn't even make me feel bad about myself! Must be 'coz I haven't seen either of them in a year. They've been super nice and super sweet with the husband too so I can't complain. Of course, the king has been awesome about being the perfect son-in-law this far lol. I know he's not having a ball but he certainly isn't showing he's not... he even got the apt a wireless connection yesterday and I'm psyched about that. At least this part of Melbourne is in the 21st century lol!

It's been pouring the last two days... you all know how much I love rain but wow, it really is tough in a walking city with a big ass heavy umbrella in tow and having to make sure mom is ok walking in the streets with me with those darn helium butterfly balloons for the kids. Yes it was hilarious but we succeeded and my nieces will be happy when they see them - of course, it's a fraction of what they had at their super fancy birthday party my brother and my sil threw them last week but this really isn't a competition. I'm doing it to celebrate their birthdays with them... and I've gotten a cake from the city's fanciest cake people, 'Let Them Eat Cake' :D So I, more than them, can't wait to see the cakes they've come up with :)

It'll probably be hard to blog again until towards the end the trip. So far, I'm having a ball and am looking forward to spending time with EKT & HOT :)

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

this sounds like the perfect time with family. Can't wait for you to get back!!