Sunday, September 03, 2006

Bitter

I have been looking forward to this trip to Seattle for a long time. Even before summer when it was already too hot in Memphis. Seattle is my salvation from the heat, the sun, the at-times-dry-no-rain-place... the yukky southern accent, the not that great Japanese food place and the just not-that-fun-place.

Well, we left Memphis first thing Saturday morning. Equipped with an almost empty carry-on, with a practically empty toiletry bag (with the new STUPID TSA security rules, all I could bring was powder (I guess the anthrax scare is officially over), lipsticks and eyeliner. ...so there was no need to check in luggage - and just as well 'coz the line to do that at the airport was insane!

We got here 15 mins early and Bruce got back into his Seattle mode and we jumped onto the public bus to the city. I hate buses in Seattle. Ok, I hate buses in general. But in Seattle, it's filled with insane people and/or stinky homeless folks. Yuk! But I was happy to get here so I went with the flow even tho' being sweet the husband did give me a choice to take the cab, I caved on knowing he would be happier being on the bus. See, I can be sweet too lol! Taking that blasting sardine packed bus into the city was not fun. But seeing Bruce do 'acrobat moves' standing in the middle of the bus with the circular thingy (it circulates when the bus makes turns) was worth the ride :) Even the woman sitting next to me couldn't help from laughing out loud watching my laogong look hilariously monkey'ish changing holding bars from every acute turn.

Why am I so bitter then? Well, we get to the city and it's like 90 degrees! Can you believe it?! We left the too-hot mid-eighty degrees weather of Memphis to come to an even hotter Seattle. Worst, I have to walk everywhere in this city so it feels way hotter here than being in Memphis when it's 90 degrees and all I do is stay home. Of course the friends here say we brought the heat with us. What can I say.

A visit to Bartell's and it solved my toiletries problem... and my friend Julie got me a sample size for my two day use of perfume so I am set for this trip before my next trip in a couple of weeks to San Francisco for one day for a mini Singaporean girlfriends reunion; which better be nice and cool when I get there... :s

Fortunately, the Hotel Max's air-conditioning blasted from the moment we walked into the room. Imagine, we had to turn up the temperature before heading to bed... this might be the first for us to ever do so.

No comments: