Friday, September 15, 2006

Girl's Night Out

Tomorrow, I'm flying to San Francisco for a girl's night out. Yup, all the way from the southeast to the west coast for one night with the girls :) Sounds glamorous, extravagant and fancy doesn't it!? I know. When I told my mom last night about my planned trip, she was opposed to it when she heard that the husband wasn't going. "Girl's night out? Why do you like running around on your own?" she asked. Guess what!? I don't care 'coz she's not the boss of me anymore muahahaha!

Actually, the trip is all for a day of hanging out with three friends whom I have known for a good ten years back in my twenties during my serious partying days. Now, most of us have grown up; well, sort of. There is me, the oldest of the group (arrgh); M is pregnant with her first baby girl due in months, N is recently divorced with three kids and doing well in her shoe business and the W... well, her life's still a mess at 32. The three of us are supposed to inject some sense into her over dinner and a slumber party. No seriously I'm known to be a pretty affective Dr Phil'esk kind of advisor to most of my friends and their problems - and you know all those psycho friends of mine need it lol. So I've made a mistake or two... men have gotten dumped and good relationships come undone. But it's mostly for the better lol. No I'm only kidding!

Two of the three girls who will be picking me up at sfo tomorrow live in the Bay area. The pregnant one who is married to a sweet all-American accountant lives in Walnut Creek. The other one now lives in Alameida with her new man, Mr supposedly ex Jehovah witness (no comments!). The third one is in the US settling old love / marriage issues (don't ask) and enroute back to Singapore from Seattle she thought she'd stop by San Francisco for a mini-reunion with the three of us. So mini-reunion it is!

Not looking forward to the flight alone but the big incentive is, I have been upgraded and after this trip I will be Germantown's first unemployed platinum executive on American Airlines. Whoohoo!!!

No comments: