Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's Official!

I have achieved Platinum Executive status on American Airlines hee hee. I am SO excited! When I woke up in the middle of the night (2:30am to be precise), I had to go online to see if the miles from my weekend trip to San Francisco had been fully posted. Voila! Not only had it been posted, my Platinum status had already been changed to platinum executive. ...and at that ungodly hour, I woke the husband up and showed him the page on the notebook. My sweetie pie managed a "huh? WOW! Yeh for my sweetie!", and fell back asleep immediately. That was all I needed anyway.

Now I'm aiming to hit the final 25,000 miles for this year to qualify for an extra four more one way system wide upgrages. Meaning, apart from my regular 8 one-way system wide upgrades I'm getting from flying 100,000 miles already, I will get 4 more for this year because of the 25th anniversary celebration. Wow! That's 6 rountrip international upgrades for free!! How awesome is that!? Plus upgrades on travels within the United States will be automatic and I wouldn't have to use my 500 miles upgrade coupons from now till feb 2008. Double awesome!!

I'm a happy camper. We're hoping to get these system wide upgrade coupons early so we can start using them for the next few trips this year. The husband should probably make it to platinum executive too - of course, he's platinum for life after hitting the two millions miles mark lol. Yes, we are a crazy flying couple! If he makes it, wow, we're gonna have 10 international upgrades to use for a year. How will I be able to fly economy class again after February 2008 if I don't make platinum executive ever again!?

No comments: