Monday, September 18, 2006

Update On Girls Night Out

Well, I went and I'm back from my crazy quick trip to San Francisco. For a change, I did not see Union Square, did not go to Slanted Door, Aqua or Farrallon... did not even stay at a downtown hotel! In fact, the only thing I saw of SF was the exit on the highway to downtown SF lol. We spent all our time in San Jose and Walnut Creek.

My trip consisted of having a yummy neverending lunch at Prima Taste - the only Prima Taste restaurant in America (I believe the ones in Singapore all closed down. The satay practically brought tears to our eyes. It was SO bloody good! We had an awesome dinner at Singaporean Chris Yeo's Straits on Santana Row... and in between, we shopped on Santana Row at Gucci (didn't buy anything there), Ferragamo, Tods, Cold Haan and window shopped some. Most of all, the most fun thing we did was just hanging out and catching up with gossips and how everyone's been doing.

It was so nice to see W again. It has been almost ten years since I last saw her. She just turned 30 and ready to grow up - her words, not mine. She is ready to go on with the loser she's been with for the last 7 years. That was music to all our ears. We bugged her to get her Green Card (after all she's been married to an American man for seven years - and no he is not the loser I just mentioned - yes it's a story too long even I wouldn't get into lol). But W looks AWESOME! It was like looking at a hot Korean actress. The once tall, curvy, super tanned Chinese girl who loved Black bad boy military boys is now (after a series of lipo and cosmetic surgery) a tall, trim and pearl complexioned girl who's ready to be committed to a legitimate (read: rich) Chinese man. She says she wants MY life hahaha! I guess I should be flattered. She obviously doesn't know what she wants lol. What's a hot bombshell gonna' do with laundry detergent, spices and a dishwasher lol. But kudos to her for picking the only somewhat normal one in the group to emulate lol. N showed me the commitment ring Mr Jehovah Witness gave her... I suppose I will accept Mr JW. At least he's educated and has his own business, a home owner and is good with N's three kids. For some reason, my acceptance is important to N - or so she claims lol. M is pregnant and her once showy big firm breasts have gotten humorously oversized. Sort of like Pamela Anderson's. Maybe bigger - but surgery-free :D She's annoyed about not being able to see the floor under her, sick of not being able to tie her own shoelaces - fortunately people at the office are kind enough to do crap like that for her - though she has turned to just wearing flip flops; yes, even to her corporate job everyday hahaha. Her tummy in comparison to her large neh nehs is not so big at six months. But she's happily pregnant and loving food all the more. Loving A LOT of food hahaha! N and I had to laugh. It was a side of her we were not used to. I laughed and told her that it was a refreshing time for me since none of them have ever beat me in my bra size hahaha and N warned her that after the baby, the pair of bazookas would get even more ginormous. I'd like to see that! I don't know if baby Annaliese would be well fed or afraid of being suffocated or both. All I know is the Mister (her Mister) is psyched about that part hahaha!

My flight landed on time yesterday at 2:30pm. The husband and I rushed to lunch at Blue Coast Burritoes for fish burritoes - mmm, burritoes! We were starving! His breakfast consisted of two nectarines - yes, that IS considered breakfast lol and mine of water with no ice on the plane, a few pieces of Gardettos mustard pretzels (the only kind of pretzel I like and will eat) and some DEEP sleep. At home, I slept the moment my head hit the pillow... with absolutely no sleep at all the previous night - M, Mrs Motor Mouth was on full blast and I'd admit, we loved every single minute of it even though a lot of her gossips were of people I still have no idea who she was talking about hahaha - plus it's just not right to slip in any sleep if I'm going to be anywhere for only 17 hours - sleep was a welcome gift for a change. I slept for a good four hours... woke up and went out to dinner and then again hit the sack till 5:30 this morning. I'm now well rested :)

It's back to the salt mines today. No, I'm not complaining. How could I? There is actually someone out there who wants to have MY life hahaha :D

1 comment:

melly said...

girl, you're hilarious! haha I am still enjoying all the food while I am home ;) Hope we get to see you soon!