Sunday, September 10, 2006

My Better Half

I have come to accept that my husband, KOMT, is the nicer one between the two of us. He is the kinder one, the more compassionate one, certainly the less agressive one and of course, as reminded constantly by people around the two of us, both his friends and certainly mine (lol), he is the polite one in the couple.

In school during civics class, I was taught how to be a good citizen, what filial piety means (to take care of our elderly for you Americans who are not familiar with this term), cheating is bad and honesty is good. At home, I was constantly reminded that I had no other job but to not talk back to my parents and make straight 'A's in school. I didn't listen. Never did. The government taught us crap like how to live in harmony in a racially diverse country like Singapore and how to be courteous to one another via retarded songs like 'courtesy is for free, courtesy is for you and me'(you know how the song goes for those of you who grew up there and were taught those sorry ass songs). A lot of good that did me hahaha! Sure courtesy is for free. But just 'coz it's free doesn't mean you're gonna' get it from me!

My friends have asked me before... "what made Bruce pick you?". I often tell them it's because I'm cute but I usually get jealous bitchy remarks hahaha! More than one friend of mine have commented that Bruce picked the wrong girl (actually, one of their comment was Bruce brought shit upon himself - nice friend huh lol) and thus has to suffer the consequences. I beg to differ (of course!). He's picked a wonderful woman to be an awesome wife, a very good cook (for someone who hasn't had much home-cooked Singapore food - I'm the best he could have found). Besides, where else can you find a young, demure, do-as-she's-told girl when you're a successful man in his late 30s lol. Ok, maybe I got lucky... I did, still am - and I bloody hell know it. Still, he's happy with his pick. Really! Okay, I'm sounding desperate here...

My husband is my better half. Certainly to the few retailers in the Memphis area who have crossed my unfortunate path. I'm the bitchy Asian wife that the super nice poor teacher guy brings in all the time to give someone a piece of her mind. I'm the horrible Filipino looking wife (I can just imagine how many times those people have thought 'mail order bride gone wrong' lol) who yells at people if they don't stick to what they say. Yes, I'm the one who can relate my husband's dissatisfied messages back to the salespeople more effectively. Yes, we play good cop bad cop and I usually play the latter. I know, none of you are surprised lol!

No comments: