Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm A Happy Camper

Yes you read right! I'm in Memphis and I'm happy. Woke up with a smile and hours later, I'm still glad to be sitting in front of this machine burning time. We've been home since Tuesday evening and it hasn't stopped raining since we landed. It's threatening to rain till tomorrow afternoon so I'm thrilled to bits! I almost feel like I'm in Seattle... as long as I sit here and dream :)

No luck on the house hunting front. We found A house... but I don't know if it's THE house. The king certainly likes it a lot. I liked it enough but they're building this humongous house in front of it that will block the perfect view it has now... so uh uh from me. Not that the view is that important but it's priced right now as a house with a perfect view that is about to be taken away... I also fell in love with downtown Bellevue. It's a bigger Germantown with serious shopping, restaurants and unlike downtown Seattle, no homeless bums asking for change! I like that a lot! I'm hoping to find something we like in Bellevue - a short 20 mins drive (or with traffic, four hours! LOL). That would make me very very happy :)

I'm also happy 'coz I found a new cleaning lady lol! Yes, it's the little things tho' this isn't little to me. I told the last cleaning lady a good month ago that I will call her when I'm back in town; and with all our crazy travels coming in for a day or two and leaving again, I haven't called her and of course, she has't called to check in. Well she did but I told her I would call her when I needed her. I think she must have thought I was trying to fire her or something... well, guess who lost her number lol! ...but fear not! My German girlfriend came to the rescue and gave me her cleaning lady's number - who was actually someone I had spoken to before but didn't have any openings. My other friend moved away and yup, I'm taking her spot. Happy happy joy joy!!

At the rate I'm going, I wouldn't mind staying here longer - as long as the rain persists lol... ok, maybe I'm truly out of my mind... but with the grey skies, the pitter-patter of the rain pounding ever so lightly on the roof of the deck, the cold air outside I can almost feel and the humming of the dryer ('coz I'm constantly doing laundry), I can tell you this is going to be another perfect day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG - you're considering the East Side, ;) - good on ya. Yes, Bellevue is nice and is getting more and more built up by the day. I actually think the building cranes are somewhat a part of Bellevue's skyline currently!