Friday, October 19, 2007

Back Home And Off Again

Well we've been home a few days... three, to be more precise... and tomorrow morning, we're flying back to Seattle. Yup, more house hunting sessions. We'll be back in the middle of next week, hang out here for a little and I think before this month is over, we'll head back out to Asia. Probably Tokyo... maybe Thailand. Not too sure about the latter yet.

California was a blast! I got to meet some of the king's friends from business school (a few were nice and interesting, namely those who have seen more of the 'outside' world) and his three pool (as in snooker, not swimming) buddies from law school whom the husband had a weekly pool game with back in the days. I really liked this bunch of guys. They certainly were not a bunch of tight ass lawyers but three really fun and funny guys who haven't changed a bit since their crazy grad school days - at least their wives claim so. Both wives (one's divorced) were already in the picture when they were in law school. It's kind of nice to hear stories from them about the king when he was still a kid... well sort of a kid - 20 years ago, he was merely in his 20s :D I mean, I've met quite a few of the husband's high school friends here but their stories aren't half as fun and interesting as the grad school ones. Maybe most of them don't remember much due to ????? ... or the husband just wasn't that exciting in high school LOL! But yes, these Stanford guys were great fun to hang out with.

I also got to meet an old friend of mine. Donald's grown into the young man we all thought he would be; in a good career path and newly single - yup, just like the husband, he's not ready to do the commitment thingy... men! But yes, it certainly was very nice to catch up on 20 years of gossip, news of D's older brother Ivan, and younger sister who was merely a toddler when we were all teenagers. She is now going to college with boyfriend headaches. Wow, now I KNOW I'm old lol.

I have to update my Yelp entries on all the restaurants we tried in California but right now, I have other things to concentrate on... like playing scrabble on Facebook lol. I should have more time to blog and yelp after this Seattle trip though I'm thinking of heading to NYC for a couple of days to hang out with my girlfriend, Gen... hmmm... decisions decisions.

2 comments:

James Noel Ward said...

No way am I boring compared to these grad school, guys! At MUS Bruce and I were as crazy as teenage inteligence and creativity could allow. And after in college we were far too busy to be creative, interesing, or crazy. It is only in slackadasical grad school that anyone has the liberty to have an interesting personality and act on it!

Karen said...

LOL ok ok James... all except you! Of course, I did say "I've met quite a few of the husband's high school friends HERE..." and you are nowhere near 'here' LOL! But I hereby officially count you out of the blah group of high school people I've met.