Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hanging Out On Santana Row

We took the longest 4 hour flight from DFW (Dallas) to SFO (San Francisco) yesterday. No upgrade (arrgh!) and I got the middle seat (of course) in front of two idiotic Russian women who just wouldn't shut up! They were so obnoxious - even threatened (in the nicest way) the guy who was seated on the aisle seat on their row to move! Poor guy... and as if that wasn't bad enough, they had a constantly crying baby who actually crawled onto our row... seriously, they needed to sedate all three of them! The one of them - yup, the Einstein of the two - pulled down the 'table' (right behind my seat, of course) and pounded on it to entertain the kid while singing. Un-phucking-believable! NTAR NTAR!!!

You know I couldn't get out of the plane fast enough when we landed :D

Well... after a quick run to our favorite hang out at the Embarcadero (Hog Island Oyster - best grilled cheese EVER!) and dropped by at our favorite local chocolatier a few doors down to Ricchiuti Confections to pick up a couple of boxes of Fluer de Sel (YUM!!) and two bags for almond covered chocolates, we then took a short drive and dropped into Henry's Hunan on Sansome (the king's favorite Hunan place) to get take-out for our dinner-in. We then started our nice longer but more scenic route (not on 110 lol) to San Jose.










Awesome! For one week, I'll be surrounded by Gucci, Ferragamo, Tod's and the like. Plus, I'm a minute walk from Singaporean, Chris Yeo's restaurants. It's not authentic Singaporean food (you can only get authentic Singaporean food in Singapore) but it's good enough to satiate my taste for hawker food from home ...so THIS is my current paradise :D When my girlfriends took me to Santana Row the first time to the Straits Restaurant for our girl's night out, I fell in love with this area. Solid shopping (yup, high end boutiques, familiar mall shops and a short walk across the street to Nordstrom, Macy's... and a grocery store), good restaurants and a hip hotel. I'm happy!

We're here for the king's 20th college reunion at Stamford. I don't think he's going to be doing too much with the law school friends but I know I'm included in most of the events with the guys and their families from business school. Should be fun... it's poker night tonight so I'm hanging out here and meeting a childhood (well, teenhood lol) friend of mine and my brother's whom we'd just found on Facebook so I'm excited. Donald's apparently been in the San Jose area since the late 90s!! I can't wait for updates on all the other 'kids' we grew up with :) Okay, he's a guy so maybe not that much info lol.

We might also get to have a meal on Google campus. That should be an experience :D Will update with pics and/or videos of anything interesting :)

No comments: