Saturday, July 30, 2005

She's Passed Away

I called home earlier and was told that my aunt has passed away. As much as we'd all expected this day would come sooner then later, it still hit me like a rock. I am sad... very sad. I knew I'd be down but I didn't expect the pain... so different from the time when my brother told me nonchanlantly that my grandfather has passed on.

My conversation with mom this evening was cut short 'coz I didn't want to cry on the phone. She's upset enough. Thank goodness my adorable little 4 month old neice is there to cheer her up. I can just imagine what she's going through...

It's times like that that I feel the distance between my family and I. I haven't felt it too often but these are moments when I wished I was home with everyone else. Yes, grieving; but nonetheless together.