Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Back From Montreal

Well, it's back to this extreme heat that I certainly do not enjoy. The 80-something hot weather in Montreal seems so mild compared to this disgusting humidity at home... thank goodness for air-conditioning .

Montreal was fun; as always, travelling with the husband is the bomb! He does all the research and I get to enjoy every bit of it. The food in Montreal wasn't anything to scream about. I mean, they have okay food but other than their smoked meat at Schwartz's (that the husband likes a lot more than I do - I'd settle for Memphis BBQ anyday!!) there really isn't much else to talk about. Like in Toronto, they have good Lebanese food so we got our fill of falaffels and Lebanese-made pizza. Unlike Toronto, Montreal is not known for her Chinese food. We had a good expensive seafood dinner at Maestro SVP but nothing you can't really get in other cities... the fun was mostly had at the annual Laugh-A-Lot festival and the three shows we went to see (which you can read about in the husband's blog).

I would certainly go back to Montreal again for the comedy festival but it's not one of those cities that makes me hungry and drool when I think about her. No wonder I can't remember if I'd ever been there during my high school days in Toronto lol.