Sunday, July 10, 2005

I'm Well

It's been awhile since all the banking crap happened to me... I won't say anything about that or I'd just swear too much. My husband's blog has said enough.

Summer started and we welcomed it with a nice trip to Tokyo. Had a ton of fun as usual but this time, for some reason, we couldn't get around to dealing with jetlag which we never had a problem with before. Karaoke at 8am, ramen at noon lol just seemed so wrong. We celebrated the husband's birthday on the evening of our arrival with Jun and Julie. Jun-san being our favourite sushi chef at Rainbow Roll (he's no more working there) and Julie being our favourite waitress in Seattle at Nishinos :D We went to this cool restaurant called Koma in Ginza. That is now my all time favourite restaurant in Tokyo :) Too bad Jun-san didn't get the job he'd hoped. Still, he just emailed and said he's working at a new restaurant with a very big selection of shochu YUM! Maybe we might get a chance to see him before school starts in August. It's up to the good people at American Airlines :D

Since Tokyo, we've also been to Boston and Maine. We stayed at the 'Nine Zero Hotel' in downtown boston which I liked a lot... I had a ball shopping for shoes and certainly overdose on lobsters and clams :) Double yum! I saw the house my husband grew up in (WOW!) and met up with my mother-in-law's best friends Mr and Mrs Roll. That was nice... we spent about 7 hours at their house (out of the heat) chatting about everything under the sun. It was also nice to be able to confirm (by Mrs Roll) the stories from the husband about his sister were all true. We went to Harvard; I saw the window where the husband's freshman room was and got a Harvard sweatshirt. Of course, we had ice cream... lots of ice cream. The best was the burnt sugar ice cream at Christina's in Cambridge! YUM!

Maine, on the other hand, was VERY different for me... VERY rural. Despite the beautiful lake where I spent more than half my days on the 'oasis island' laying like a walrus waiting for the next meal and/or drink, is not my favourite vacation spot (Bruce would say that is an understatement hahaha!). I came home with serious sun burn on my entire back. That'll teach me.

Next stop, Montreal for the Comedy Festival.