Wednesday, July 27, 2005

My New Malaysian Friends

We just got back from having a sumptuous meal at Celine's. We were invited over for some nasi lemak. Directly translated meaning coconut rice. But it comes with an array of sides. Tonight, Celine spoilt us with some deep fried anchovies, plain omelette, squid sambal, prawn sambal and big side bowl of chicken curry. My my my... Bruce impressed me and ate everything on his plate. He even ate the cucumbers that he dislikes!! He's such a good guest, my baby. Makes me SO proud of my little Asian husband lol. I had more than enough of my share and more... it was so good! Moreso, Celine let us bring home chicken curry, home made prawn crackers and curry powder all the way from Malaysia that his uncle had brought her recently. Talk about southern hospitality, I think us Asians are FAR better then them lol.

Celine, Vincent (Celine's husband) and their housemate, Andrew, all work at the Collierville Red Sun Buffet. Bruce and I frequent it whenever we need a quick and fast hot meal or when I'm craving egg tarts lol. I must add that this buffet in particular has much better quality Chinese American food than the others we've been to. Even Bruce's colleague, Loyal and his wife, drive all the way from Bartlett to Collierville to come to this buffet. ...the added incentive for us is that we get to have special dishes that only the staff get to enjoy lol... which is always more authentic Chinese food. The other day, Celine made vegetable curry YUM!!! It's always nice to be treated special lol.

Gawd I'm so full I can't even think straight to type anything that makes sense. Time for some Z's lol.