Sunday, May 04, 2008

Seriously! What Is My Phucking Name!??!!

For the last two years, around May 8, there will be an entry about a certain card I receive. I'm not a sentimental person when it comes to greeting cards. So if you're ever thinking of throwing your money away to American Greeting or Hallmark, just give me the money; never mind the bloody card. The worst are people who buy a card and say nothing but sign their big fat name on it. I think it's lame and insincere. Why bother!? I know not everyone's a poet, but you know, if you pen down a couple of sentences yourself, it'll mean so much more to the other party!

ANYWAYZ, it's May again and I got yet another beautiful (NOT!) homemade card from my ummm... my father-in-law's (fil) wife. She's not my mil - I already have an original one. I am only associated with her 'coz she's married to my fil. Ok, that being cleared, here are the two previous cards she sent me in the previous years. From 2006 and 2007. Go figure!

This year, I got an all-time special card, yup, as usual, addressed to Mrs Bruce Ryan like the last two years (I cannot roll my eyes enough)... I opened the card and this is what I see:

Who the phuck is KARIN!? Again, my name is K-A-R-E-N... I don't know how they spell it in hell but this is how MOST regular earthlings spell it; or maybe she's misunderstood what spellcasting means lol! I suppose at least she's stopped calling me Sharon, some girl who works/owns some store she shops regular at... but come on already!! Seven years into how long she's known of my existence and she spells my name with an 'i'??? She must think 'coz I'm Asian, putting a twist to my name would sound like dropping pots and pans down the stairs to make it sound Chinese... dumbass!!! I'm starting to wonder if she's doing this for laughs... I know the husband sure gets a kick out of it every year!

3 comments:

sgbabe said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. Do we know about bitch MILs or what? Anyway, Karin is the way the Germans spell it. I just think this proves how stupid/uneducated/inbred your MIL is. Brain cells die already lor!!!

Love ya!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anjuli said...

At least she didn't call you "Janet" ...oops...no that was only ME who did that!! :)