Thursday, May 08, 2008

Wanna Be Our Realtor?!

So we've decided to put our house in Memphis on the market for sale. It's a big house for two of us but hey, it's Memphis. Most people can afford more house then they need here. Singaporeans and Seattelites would salivate looking at the prices and the size of the houses here!

Ok. I wanna know why realtors think in this day and age of online mls accessible to anyone and their dead aunt, that signing them up to be our real estate agent means merely showing the house and giving some common sense advice? I mean, we're quite clear about not living here any more; ie, we are not here (ever) - other than the few days every now and then we return to check if the house is still on it's lot lol. So when you suggest we do a few things to the house like paint/recarpet; and we consequently tell you we're leaving in three days, I expect you'd want to volunteer your services - like 'sure I'll open the doors for the painters' or 'let me know what I can do while you're gone' - after all, at this point, you have not gotten the job...

We've decided to price the house on the lower end 'coz well, we don't want to do most of the work lol... we didn't buy the house to make money but we sure don't want to give it away to some lucky folks... I think the husband's decision of the asking price is certainly more than fair. But I just think that if I'm gonna' pay you a hefty commission, you'd better do more than just put a 'for sale' or 'sold' sign in front of the house and get a little feedback from people who view the house. That's a pretty easy 6% commission of up to $24k if you ask me!!

So if you're a Memphis area realtor... wanna really work for some money, do well with communicating via phone and email, well, you've got a new listing in our house... :D

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

I totally agree-- I mean what is the 6 percent for unless they have to 'work for it'