Thursday, May 01, 2008

Travels... And More Travels...

Well we went and we’re back. Five days in Japan was ‘da bomb’ as usual and we did all the eating, drinking (and eating again) we could. One new experience with yakiniku... a big realization for me, I do not like yakiniku - who'd have thunk it?! I like fancy Korean bbq... not the regular yakiniku (Korean bbq) lol! Go figure! Apparently, when you tell someone in Japan you like yakiniku, it means you're gonna' be grilling mostly innards (hormones). YUK! No thank you!! :D Sorry Julia, I love you and all but no hormones for me again LOL! Next time, we'll take you to our 'yakiniku' place and nope, no innards but be prepared to have some seriously yummy beef :)We got to see everyone we’d planned to tho’ Otsu-san did fall sick right before our night out drinking and going to the arcade. I became honorary boy for boy’s night out lol and it was quite fun to see why the king loves hanging out with his li’l Japanese musketeers lol! Fun fun fun! I even got to meet the husband's sake-class pals - David and Paula whom I really enjoyed and had fun at Sushi Cho...

We’re back here for a few days. We’ll be heading out to L.A in a few days for a taping of ‘The Big Bang Theory’. Have you seen that sitcom?! It’s funny! A sitcom about scientists and engineers – yes, geeks. Unfortunately, no hottie on it but hey, I’m a fan so I’m just excited to be invited to this taping. We’ll also take advantage of being in the city to see a couple of friends and of course, good food hee hee.

After that, it’s off to Memphis. Yup. I’m celebrating my birthday in Memphis. Surprised!? Of course! I am!! I don’t think we have anything planned for the day itself but on the 10th, we’re having a combined sushi dinner/karaoke birthday party night out with our sushi gang… so yes, Joelle (also celebration her birthday), David, Dr DeWane, Sharon and possibly, Billy (lol), Chiu, Mike, Kelly, the king and I… and who knows who else is around to go join this craziness. I’ll try to stay sober enough to get a video, if not at least a few pics to show you how insane it gets, but if it’s not, well, I’m sure you can imagine a bunch of Americans, Asians and if the kitchen help comes Mexicans LOL! No, I don’t think they will come :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

arghs sorry about the yakiniku... i so blur lah.. T__T

next tiem we eat other things :)