Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Stuck In Hell

Yes, of course I'm still in Shanghai. I should have already boarded my plane to O'Hare but here I sit in this so-called first class lounge using this computer while I know a gazillion people sitting by me are waiting to use this computer. Why?! Wouldn't you think that a first class lounge in a large scale international airport would at least have wireless internet access? You'd think so wouldn't you. No... not even good cellphone reception. The only two computers are taken up by me and this mainlander who was huffing and puffing down my neck 'coz he must think I'm not doing anything important (which I am... blogging IS important... to me it is lol) while he's got to make his gazillion dollar online trade I'm sure - hey, you snooze you lose! I got here first and I'm sitting in front of this computer till it's time to board the bloody plane! If it takes ten hours, this is where you're gonna' find me. Anywayz, yes, I think the other lady who was originally on that computer gave up so he's sitting there typing furiously away.

The weather is bad today... it's been hot the last 3 days. Yes, hot! The temperature got to a high of 30 degrees celcius yesterday. Yes! Thirty! Considering that the weather forecasted that it wouldn't hit 50 degrees during my stay here, the only tees I brought were my pj's. Oh well... sucks to be me. But does it continue to be hot? Of course not! The fog is unbelievably thick right now. When I arrived at the airport an hour ago, I couldn't see ten feet ahead of me. No, I'm not exaggerating! I knew it would be delayed but now, I'm sure I'm gonna' be missing my flight in Chicago back home. This seven day trip to Shanghai is getting to be longer and longer since I left a day earlier for Chicago on Jan 31 to escape the ice storm predicted more than two days pior to the day I was supposed to leave, Feb 1. Of course, after I left and paid usd$300 on sorry ass Hilton O'hare, neither snow nor ice arrived till 48 hours later - what can you say about those stupid meteorologists in Memphis? Dumbasses!

So here I sit in here in this smoke infested corner of a room though I don't know why it's so since it's 'supposed' to be a smoke free room. I don't think I've seen a less impressive lounge in all my years of flying. Unbelieavable! Call me spoilt but if people are going to pay big bucks or miles or anything to fly first class, you'd at least expect some standards in their lounge. At least some phones or computers or something... not just freakin' free drinks and sorry ass sandwiches.

Wow, flight update - the plane coming from Beijing hasn't even left Beijing. Pretty crazy huh. I might be sitting here at sorry ass Shanghai airport for another 12 hours! SHIT! This mainlander is making a fool of himself yelling at the receptionist two feet away from me. Like she has any control over the weather... but of course, unlike other American Airline staff who work at the lounge receptions - this one can't help with flight changes or ticketing... what are you supposed to do or think!? Incompetent nincompoops! Their internal phone sits right next to me... so the AA staff are making these calls to other airline staff asking odd questions... while I pretend like I don't understand a word they're saying.

Do I change my flight to fly out tomorrow? Do I wait? Shit I'll just wait... who cares... I've slept at airports before. Sure I can call P and come pick me up but screw it... chalk it to up experiance.

I don't know how long it'll eventually take me to get to Chicago. I'm hoping below 30 hours from two hours ago but I'm skeptical... I'll keep my fingers crossed however.

No comments: