Friday, February 16, 2007

I Miss My Friend

My friend G who resides in NYC left for a six week vacation back home in Singapore two days ago. I began missing her this morning... it's kind of weird... I mean, I go on my trips... and this isn't the first time she's going on an extended trip home. But it's kind of weird this time. I'm so used to her calling me at 8:15am every morning on her way to work. Her daily walks from her apartment to the subway; her walks when she's just strolling, shopping or just gallivanting. It felt a little odd this morning getting into my car knowing that she wouldn't call. The is so quiet in the afternoons. The regular few telephone calls I get from her a day are now muted. While I sit here burning my day away, she is not idling at work but probably up and about playing with her cousin's kids or gossiping with her mom.

G leaves for a 2 week mini-vacation within her vacation (Singaporeans just love to travel, don't we lol) on Sunday and it'll be at least after the mini-trip before I'd be able to contact her... No one to talk nonsense in the meantime... I called my too-busy-for-me husband after stupid pilates this morning (I always feel so stupid in pilates 'coz I simply cannot do any of the bloody 'stunts' in that freakin' class!) and the husband got his class to say 'hello Mrs Ryan!'. I think that excited the boys a lot more than it thrilled me 'coz I sure wasn't satisfied! Maybe if he'd put a boy on the phone and I could talk up a storm with him lol...

I know six weeks will go by quickly and my friend will be back in the U.S before I know it but I simply hate waiting!!! Who cares about delayed gratification?! I just want the bloody phone to ring so I have someone to talk to :)

I guess the husband will have to suffer during this period lol. Lord help him if he decides to turn off his cellphone or not be available on messenger or skype while he's at work hahaha! Now I bet he is thankful for G for keeping me occupied day in and day out hahaha!

No comments: