Friday, January 19, 2007

I Just Don't Feel Like Flying

What is it with me!? For a person who flew almost two hundred thousand miles last year for fun, I sure am getting a very slow start to this year's travel log. The first month of the year is almost over (well, almost) and I have yet to engage myself on a trip; not even within the continent! I have planned on going to NYC to see friends and to meet my mom in Shanghai (as well as catch up with a couple of friends who now live there) before the month is over. But here I sit in my cozy little kitchen blogging, my tv blasting and I'm killing some time before I hit the gym. No, I don't like this either... but the thought of getting on a flight just isn't making me super excited this year...

I guess I just need to make myself do so. I have to if I want to make platinum executive again. This trip to Shanghai is a must this month. Unfortunately, the promise I made myself the first and last time I was in China isn't going to work for me. I'd acertained that the next time I step foot into China, the caucasian husband would have to be next to me. Why?! Why not?! The mainlanders simply kowtow to the whities and as moronic as it sounds (they, like a lot of neandethal Singaporeans think ALL white folks are rich and better then them - HA!) , when you have a white person stand next to you, your status in a mainlander's eye is raised. Hey, you can't blame these not-very-well travelled and probably not very well educated people. Compare them to the Americans who are not very well travelled, they are on par... actually, no, unfortunately, I think the dumb mainlanders are still a little less stupid then the idiots here in this country lol.

So fly I must... I'll get to see P who is expecting baby number three (after two boys), L of the 'my stupid friend story' who has no moved to China with her dumbass unemployed husband number two and supporting him financially while he spends his days at the Coconut Bar while she works to be able to bring home the bacon. No comments! The stories continue with her but I really don't feel like writing about her life again. Some of the girls I know, I swear, put themselves in situations they don't have to be in. But who am I to meddle right? I just need to go and hang out with friends and have a good time - story of my life :)

No comments: