Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Overnite.com sucks?

It's been more than a month since two of my four pieces of deck furniture arrived. And I have been seething here writing angry emails to the no-name customer service person who has done nothing except apologize. Well, yesterday, while exchanging an email directly with the furniture lady (porchesandyards.com) who has been more than patient with me, surprised me... well, ok, shocked me (I practically fell off my seat when I read her email) that overnite.com has found my two missing pieces!!! Well well well :D I called the 1-800 to the trucking company and sure enough, Kathy wasn't making it up! So it's supposed to be delivered this morning between 10am and noon. We shall see. In my mind, I'm thinking... "nah, probably the wrong pieces" but I'm hoping against all hope that my deck will soon look like the way I want it to be. Wish me luck!