Monday, March 21, 2005

Millennium Hilton NYC

So I was at the Millennium Hilton (for the first time) the last few days and while it's great that it's located right next to Century 21, a comfortable one mile walk to triad-land/Chinatown and if you're still interested in looking at Ground Zero aka flat piece of land with lots of construction, it really is not much of a 'nice' hotel. For $219 however, I suppose it's a good deal for NYC especially since my main purpose was to seriously have South East Asian food in Chinatown.

All in all, it was a nice enough hotel. Not too small but certainly not spacious for two people. Probably bigger than all the other hotels in mid-town (this hotel is in downtown) but don't bet on getting first class service. Not bad service, just nonchalant. Good for businessmen I suppose. Weekends are pretty quiet without the people working in the surrounding buildings but cabs are always abundant; not that you'd need it with the nearby subway stations.

I can't say I'm looking forward to another stay with them but if it's last minute plans again and the Sofitel jacks up her prices to over $300 again (you can usually get it in the low 200's) I can't say I would mind.