Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Damn I'm FAT!!!

I looked at some of the pictures of myself that were taken in NYC... and all I can say is 'who the hell is that fat girl sitting there?' All my life, I have never been trim; okay, I've been fat all the last 34 years of my life. But you know how you have this image in your head with how you look? Most people have that image so they have sort of an expectation on how they'd look in pictures. Well, the image I had in my head must have been of me when I was ten(!?!); 'coz to say the least when I saw these pictures, I was dumbfounded! Shocked! Embarassed! I mean, you can only blame the camera, the photographer, the lighting, the clothes you're wearing or how you're seated that much. All that doesn't add 40 pounds on your body. Not enough excuses can explain how I look so fat. Okay, other than all that glorious food and the lack of exercise. So this past Monday, I walked meekly back to the 'Y', and went back to the pool to swim my laps. It'll take months before I see anything happen to my body but I know in weeks, I will feel a slight improvement on my body and cetainly my body image.

Then again, sitting in front of the computer updating my blog and playing canasta on yahoo, I could be on the threadmill. But nah, I don't have to be skinny THAT quickly lol.