Thursday, April 15, 2004

I made it!!!

After what seemed like at least 40 hours on five different planes - ok, maybe
not five... I finally stepped foot onto the 'mother land' hahaha. Yes, China... now I can proudly say I've been here and no one can doubt my ethnicity... well, other than the Filipinas, the Hawaiians, the Native Americans (don't know which tribe they associate me with tho') and the Indians; yes the ones with the dot too!

Immigration was a breeze. They didn't speak to me (probably didn't want to with the way I looked) and of course I remained being my coarse and rude Singaporean-self :) While walking towards the baggage claim area and checking excitedly on yet another new stamp in my passport, I hear, "T.Y.Y!!" Horrible flashbacks of my fat (yes contrary to your believe, I am NOT the only fat Chinese woman to be alive...) high school Chinese teacher back home using my Chinese composition book as a Frisbee across the room... arrgh! Fortunately, it was insane Peggy... my partner in crime, my pal who enjoyed many a class at Nan Hua Secondary School laughing over the silliest stuff (including the hairstyle of our human social biology teacher that got us in trouble), my friend since I was 16+. ...Watch out Shanghai!!!

After all the hoopla of getting char kway teow from her cousin, a flight attendent on Singapore Airlines (yes, fresh fried noodles from the real deal) -
and taking a really fast drive home on a VERY empty and very clean highway, we were home... and yes did we ever dive into those noodles. Gawd I can still taste that wonderful oily sensation in my mouth even after six hours of deep sleep hahahaha. Now THAT is food :)

It's my first morning here and I just heard Marcus, Peggy's 3 1/2 yr old son calling out "MUMMY" so I guess Peggy and Johnny will soon be up and then it'll be my turn to bug them...

Till my next entry, zai jian!