Saturday, September 06, 2008

Smile! For Goodness Sakes!

I just 'met' the most unfriendly, unsmiley person I've ever come across since the time I started taking elevators lol. Ok, that might be overstating it a little but... what is wrong with people who don't smile?! I'm not asking you to smile so much people think you're the insane bum at the corner of the street... but for crying out loud, what's so difficult about cracking a friggin' smile?! Even a one reluctant one sided crooked smile when someone, a stranger maybe, smiles at you out of being polite and... nice maybe?! This guy just looked pissed off at the world. At the world, at himself... just not a happy camper.

I couldn't wait to get out of the lift. But of course, it stopped at the 5th floor where a poor couple was trying to get their Ikea shopping into the elevator on a trolley. I smiled at the lady... looked across at the guy. Nothing. So it wasn't just me he didn't want to smile at... The man outside said to himself 'I think we might be able to fit'... nothing from the guy and I hurried a 'yeah come this angle...'. They didn't come at my angle but went towards the angry man lol! Nope - DUH! Next elevator... still nothing from the man. Oh, he's Filipino I think... Asian for sure. Maybe he thought I was also Feelo (that's what the Filipinas in Melbourne call each other), I don't know...

"Ding! Seventeenth floor". I couldn't get out of the bloody elevator fast enough. Gawd I hope I never see that guy again. He lives on the 22nd storey.

No comments: